GUM co-operates with domestic institutions and organisations, such as:
- Polish Centre for Accreditation (Polskie Centrum Akredytacji PCA),
- Polish Committee for Standardisation (Polski Komitet Normalizacyjny - PKN),
- science institutes and higher education facilities.
In the last 8 years, the Office entered into more than 30 agreements with national education facilities, institutes and institutions, related to co-operation in a several areas:
- joint scientific undertakings, including development and submission of joint research subjects, financed by domestic and European framework funds (EMRP or EMPIR),
- mutual help in realising diploma theses, Ph.D. dissertations and habilitation theses, training programmes in GUM in which employees, students and Ph. D. students take part in,
- undertaking of joint projects on the research work related to establishment, maintenance and modernisation of national standards,
- conduct of specialist metrological training and lectures for postgraduate studies,
- mutual sharing of the measurement infrastructure used for research and development,
- undertaking of mutual initiative popularising the selected metrological issues,
- conformity assessments.
Representatives of GUM participate in the work of Technical Committees of Polish Committee for Standardisation, within the standardisation activity.