President of the Central Office of Measures
- is a professor of physical sciences. Graduate of physics at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences at the Pedagogical University in Kielce. He received his doctoral degree in 1995 at the Andrzej Sołtan Institute for Nuclear Studies in Świerk. He obtained his postdoctoral degree in 2002 at the University of Warsaw on the basis of the dissertation "Dissociative Recombination in Ion Storage Rings". He was awarded the title of professor of physical sciences on July 3, 2012. His scientific activity is related to the study of free electron collisions with molecular ions under low-temperature plasma conditions and the study of ionization and emission mechanisms of characteristic X-rays in collisions of ions with atoms.
From 1988 employed at the Jan Kochanowski University in Kielce (head of the molecular physics department, and after that medical physics and biophysics department), in 1995-1998 he completed research internships at the Stockholm University of Technology and Stockholm University.
He was vice-rector for didactics and student affairs (2008–2012), vice-rector for general affairs (2012-2020) and rector (2012-2020) of the Jan Kochanowski University in Kielce. From 2020, he is a member of the Scientific Policy Committee.
phone: (+48 22) 581 9001, fax: (+48 22) 620 84 11
Vice-President of the Central Office of Measures
A graduate of the University of Warsaw. In 1997-2008 he worked in the Chancellery of the President of Poland. From 2009 to 2018, he worked at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Polish Embassies in The Hague (Netherlands) and Moscow (Russian Federation). He holds an MBA from the Business School - National Louis University and has completed numerous training courses in management, finance and negotiation.
Since 2020 he has been the Acting Vice-President of the Central Office of Measures, previously he held the position of the Head of the Regional Administration of Measures Division (2019) and the Director of the Supervisory and Inspection Department in the Central Office of Measures (2020).
phone: (+48 22) 581 9001, fax: (+48 22) 620 84 11
Acting Vice-President of the Central Office of Measures
PhD in humanities in the field of management science. Academic teacher at the Faculty of Management and Social Communication of the Institute of Public Affairs of the Jagiellonian University.
In 2006 and 2007, he taught a series of courses at the INHolland University in Rotterdam as a CAF Expert in the field of education.
Between 2008 and 2021 he worked in managerial positions at the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, from 1 January 2021 renamed the Ministry of Education and Science. At that time (between 2016 and 2019) he was a member of the Team of the Minister of Science and Education for the preparation of the reform of higher education and science and the Chairman of the Advisory Team of the Minister of Education and Science to assess applications and reports under the Applied Doctorate programme. Coordinator in several dozen system and non-competition projects in the following Operational Programmes: Human Capital, POWER, Smart Economy, Smart Growth, Digital Poland.
He specializes in management in the public sector. Andrzej Kurkiewicz's key R&D interests include:
• science policy of the state;
• project management;
• innovations in the R&D sector;
• social policy of the state with particular emphasis on education and development policy;
• contemporary management instruments supporting the processes of organizational changes in public institutions.
He has represented Poland on the following EU bodies:
• Directors General for Higher Education EU;
• Working Group on the Modernization of Higher Education EU;
• High Level Group on Education and Training EU;
• Member of the ETINED Platform Council of Europe;
• Member of the Advisory Board of the pilot European graduate survey EU.
He is a member of the Expert Team for Vocational Education and Training (VET) at the Foundation for the Development of the Education System.
tel.: (+48 22) 581 90 02
General Director of the Central Office of Measures
He graduated in administration from the Faculty of Economics and International Relations of the Krakow University of Economics and in theology from the Faculty of Theology of the Pontifical University of John Paul II in Krakow. He also completed doctoral studies at the Faculty of Political Science of the Pedagogical University in Cracow and is preparing to defend his doctoral thesis in the discipline of political science and administration.
From 2015 to 2020 he worked at the Ministry of Science and Higher Education. Among other things, he was Director of the Office of Ministerial Programs and Projects and Deputy Director General. From the beginning he was involved in the work on the reform of science and higher education and its consultations with the academic community.
At the Ministry of Education and Science, he was Director of the Office of the Director General and plenipotentiary of the Minister of Education and Science for the merger of the Ministry of National Education with the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
tel.: (22) 581 90 04, fax: (22) 624 02 68